The Audi 920 is a passenger car of the upper middle class with rear-wheel drive, the belonging to the Auto Union brand Audi brought the end of 1938 as the successor of the front-drive model Audi 225 on the market. Chassis and body corresponded to the Wanderer W23. As the previous work presented the Horch in Zwickau, the Auto Union Audi 920 ago. A total of 1,281 cars (of which 795 convertibles) were from the last pre-war Audi from December 1938 to the war-related recruitment in April 1940 built.
The six-cylinder engine with 3.3 liter displacement and 75hp (55 kW) at 3000 min-1 was equipped with a Solex carburetor. The OHC engine with vertical shaft driving the camshaft based on the Horch eight-cylinder in-line engine. Originally, the car should come as smaller Horch model on the market, the leadership of the Auto Union decided, however, to place it under the Audi brand among the major Horch and Wanderer of the smaller models.
The car with box frame has a hydraulically operated foot brake ( Oil pressure brake ATE, License Lockheed) and a fully synchronized four-speed transmission with shift lever in the center of the car. The front wheels are independently suspended (Double wishbone with low-mounted transverse leaf spring) provided; the rear is a floating axle installed-called rigid axle. The Audi 920 was a 4-door sedan (6 windows) or 2-door convertible (4 windows) available.