AC MK VI
Light Tank Mk VI (Vickers Mk VI ) – British light tank built in the interwar period.
In 1936, the arms of the British Army adopted Tank Light Tank Mk VI. This, like the Light Tank Mk V had a trójosobowÄ… crew and was armed with two Vickers machine guns caliber 7,7 mm. The main change was to equip the tower in a niche housing a radio station No. 7
Another version of the tank was a modified Mk VIA supporting roller caterpillar and octagonal turret commander.
Version of which became in 1939-1940 the basic equipment branches light tanks were Mk VIB Light Tank. He had a round turret commander again and modified the engine cooling system (changed the shape of the cooling air inlet louvers and radiator mounting location). There was also a version of the Indian Pattern deprived commanders turret mounted in place of the single periscope.
The Mk VIC strengthened by equipping the tank armor in wkm Besa caliber 15 mm. A second machine gun was initially still Vickers, but since 1939 it was replaced by Besa machine guns caliber 7,92 mm.
Chassis Tank Mk VI was used for the construction of working anti-AA Light Tank Mk I, armed with four machine guns, caliber 7.92 mm Besa. Later established his modified version of the Light Tank Mk II AA having a tower with enlarged storage tanks amunicyjnymi. Rebuilt 60 tanks. Built a prototype of the bridge, but it was lost during transport to Egypt.
Wyprodukowano czoÅ‚gów 1237: 81 Mk VI, Mk VIA 115, 953 (960 ) Mk VIB, 88 (115) MK Vic.
About 400 tanks Tank, Light, Mk VI was used in combat by the British Expeditionary Force who fought in France in 1940. Almost all the tanks were lost. Tanks were also used by the British units fighting in North Africa in 1940-1941. Tanks Mk VI were mainly used for reconnaissance and raids on the Italian supply lines. After refitting front line units in new types of tanks (A9, A10, A12) tanks Mk VI were used for the training of drivers of light vehicles tracked. A small number of tanks went to Malta and Crete, where he fought the German landings. 104 tanks went to India, 24 (9) To Canada, a small number (11 Units) to Australia, 70 tanks sold to Turkey, 13 (16) – Egypt and 1 tank to Iraq.
For these tanks were trained Polish tankers in the Middle East. The first tanks arrived to Egypt, where he trained the soldiers of the future 2 Armoured Brigade in June 1942 were the tanks Mk VIB. These vehicles were also equipped Armour Training Centre and School Cadet Armour. The highest state of these tanks was recorded in December 1942 – was 17 vehicles. The last time the tanks were reported on the state of Polish troops in February 1943 – 11 tanks.
Captured by the Germans tanks PzKpfw VI renumbered 736 (e). Chassis gained tanks Mk VI helped the Germans to build a self-propelled guns. They were self-propelled howitzers assault. Built 12 units of vehicles 10.5 cm leFH 16 auf Fgst Geschutzwagen Mk VI (e) (10.5cm leFH 16 (Sf) auf le Pz.KpfwIII. Mk IV 736 (e)) armed with caliber 105 mm howitzer and 6 units of armed caliber howitzer 150 mm. Wehrmacht also used them as ammunition and armored vehicles leading gi observation on the Eastern Front.
Light Tank Mk VI was the construction of a classic. In the rear part of the fuselage was a six-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine carburetors Meadows ESTL, ESTB/A or ESTB/B with a capacity of 65 kW. Engine driven on the front of the fuselage wheels. On each side there were four wheels interlocked in two carriages, depreciated diagonal coil springs. Each track of a width of 240 mm was maintained for one roll. Weapons was wkm Vickers or Besa and tank machine gun Vickers or Besa. The crew consisted of a mechanic-driver, gunner and commander.